June 27, 2011
Traineeship Award for Graduate Students
Money for tuition, books and fees is available for Graduate Nursing Students through the Advanced Education Nurse Traineeship Program (AENT)
To be eligible for the scholarship one must:
1) Be a citizen of the United States, a non-citizen national, or foreign national who possesses a visa permitting permanent residence in the United States (Individuals on temporary or student visas are NOT eligible to receive AENT support);
2) Be enrolled full-time or part-time in an advanced education nursing program for preparation as clinical nurse specialist, nurse administrator, family nurse practitioner, advance practice nurse in forensics, advanced practice nurse in informatics, and nurse educator;
3) Be enrolled as a student in good standing in an advanced practice nurse education program at GSU
4) Maintain “good academic standing” (3.5) while enrolled
5) Have completed at least 6 credit hours of coursework in the program
Application is available in the Department of Nursing. If you have any other additional questions please contact Linda McCann at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708.534.4035.
Awardees will be chosen on the basis of their GPA. Students receiving AENT funds must agree to work in underserved areas upon completion of the program.
The application deadline is August 1st for funds that will be distributed for the Fall 2011, Spring 2012, and Summer 2012 terms.