April 13, 2007
Can you answer these questions?
Here are the questions for today:
1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.
2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?
3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?
4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?
5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?
6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters " dw" and they are all common words. Name two of them.
7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?
8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.
9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter "S."
Post your answers by using Comments.
Posted by d-nadler at April 13, 2007 09:21 AM
1. Steeplechase -Incorrect!
3. Rhubarb - Correct, chives - Incorrect
4. Strawberry - Correct
5. They attach the bottle over the tiny fruit just as it starts to develop -- it grows in the bottle - Correct
7. Period - correct, comma - correct, colon - correct, semicolon - correct, dash-correct, quotation marks left and right- correct, parenthesis left and right-correct, brackets left and right-correct, question mark-correct, exclamation point-wrong, asterix-wrong. 9 out of the 14 are corrrect.
9. Socks - correct, slippers- correct, slides- incorrect, sandals-correct, shoes-correct, suedes-Incorrect. Not bad, 4 of the are correct.
Posted by: Shannon Troy Peterson at April 13, 2007 01:13 PM